Help Children Know!
What keeps children substance-free? Simple. Communication, Information, Education, and Participation.
Children are less at risk of substance use when:
- Parents communicate their expectations;
- Adults listen to them, spend time with them, and explicitly tell them not to use alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs;
- They feel like their community cares about them; and
- They have something positive to do with their time.
Know! Your PartNo matter who you are, you can make a difference:
» Parents and Caregivers
» Prevention Professionals
» Community Supporters
Represent Know! in your community. You can help make a difference in any or all of the following ways:
- Volunteer to help others Know! their part
- Distribute Know! literature
- Organize a parent discussion group
- Start a Know! workplace, community or school program
- Obtain and distribute the Know! Parent Workbook, a handout detailing suggestions and guiding principles for communicating with young people