Statewide Prevention Coalition Association
United We StandDrug Free Action Alliance formed the Statewide Prevention Coalition Association (SPCA) to unite substance abuse prevention coalitions and organizations through collaboration and sharing of resources to promote prevention for a safe, healthy and drug-free Ohio.
SPCA members have an opportunity to network with many other coalitions at unique stages of growth and development. They share knowledge and resources to help them strengthen and sustain their infrastructure. Members also receive practical information about effective strategies and initiatives, which engage the community and create environmental change.
- Six Statewide Prevention Coalition Association meetings which provide members the opportunity to share lessons learned, successes in strategies and practices, and interact with state and national experts in coalition development and environmental prevention.
- Members-only discount to register for Drug Free Action Alliance trainings and webinars to help strengthen coalition infrastructure and enhance prevention effectiveness.
- On-site technical assistance and consultation from experienced professionals.
- Online statewide networking directory to stay connected with coalition leaders from around Ohio.
- Advocacy support for local and statewide change, including:
- Annual state and federal legislative education events
- Legislative Action Alerts which provides timely advocacy or lobbying opportunities
- Monthly advocacy webinars
- Weekly legislative updates
- Position papers
- Bi-weekly SPCA E-News
- Resources including online toolkits to assist your coalition in implementing environmental prevention strategies and maintain coalition effectiveness.
- Membership to Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) at a reduced rate.
- Notices of state and national sustainability opportunities
- New in July 2014 – DFAA will provide RCH’s for your sponsored training
Want to know more?
- See the benefits of membership and download an application. (Only Ohio organizations/coalitions are eligible to join).
- Read more about the Statewide Prevention Coalition Association, click here.
- Membership can now be made online by visiting the Drug Free Action Alliance Member Center and clicking on SPCA. At the bottom of the page click on start now to register!
2016-2017 SPCA Advisory Council
(Left to Right) Jodi Salvo, Shelia Smith and Eileen Keller
Chairperson Eileen Keller, Wayne County
Vice Chair: Jodi Salvo, Tuscarawas County
Secretary: Shelia Smith, Summit County
Past Chair: Bobby Persinger, Licking County
Toni Ashton, Prevention Works for a Drug Free Fairfield CoTony Grotrian, Hancock Co Drug Task Force CoalitionCasey Hippenhammer, Solutions Community Counseling and Recovery, Warren Co.Bobby Persinger, Pathways of Central Ohio, Licking CountyTheressa Snyder, Perry Behavioral Health Choices, Inc, Perry CountyCharla Van Osdol, CARSA, Seneca County
Amanda Conn-Starner, PreventionFirst!, Hamilton CountyBrenda Foor, Family Recovery Center/ADAPT Coalition, Columbiana CountyFran Gerbig, Stark Co Anti-Drug CoalitionMilan Karna, Wood County Prevention CoalitionEileen Keller, OneEighty, Wayne CountyJodi Salvo, Tuscarawas Co Anti-Drug CoalitionShelia Smith, Community Partnership of Summit CoBeth Thomas, Healthy Choices Caring Communities Fulton County